- BS in Mathematics from the
University of Maryland, College Park.
- 15+ years software design and development experience in a variety of languages.
- 2 years software engineering team lead experience.
- 4 years system administration experience on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
- 4 years network administration experience in IPv4 LANs.
- 2 years network engineering experience in GSM and GPRS networks.
- 2 years system test experience.
- In Languages: C, php, perl, Java, python, C++, UNIX shells.
- On Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Win32.
- Experience with all phases of the product lifecyle.
- Experience with Scrum methodology.
System Administration Experience:
- SMTP, DNS, Web, FTP, CIFS/Samba and streaming audio servers
- Complex firewalls and IPSEC VPNs
- Administration of remote sites
- Tools: Puppet/Foreman, Splunk, Kibana, Sentry, Nagios, Grafana/StatSite/StatsD/Graphite/Carbon
June 2011 to Present: Bronto Software
- As team lead of the Sending team, responsible for the Bronto email sending
infrastructure, including the MTA cluster and all code that determines
delivery recipients, generates personalized email content, sends mail,
and handles bounces and other feedback.
- I have primary responsibility for the architecture, availability,
and capacity planning of this infrastructure.
- Our team manages our own part of the production environment,
including system configuration, code deployment and monitoring/on call.
- Previously, as a member of the Production Software team, responsible for
managing code deployments, finding and fixing critical bugs, developing
internal tools and continuously monitoring the health of the Bronto SaaS
December 2010 to April 2011: American Research Institute
- Developed, tested and maintained ARI's e-learning and Video on
November 2006 to November 2010:
- Performed system test planning, execution and automation for Message
Systems Momentum and Message Central product lines.
- One of the two designer/implementors of Message Systems integrated
SMS functionality (Mobile Momentum).
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained the Message Systems
MTA (A.K.A. Ecelerity).
- Designed and implemented new generation configuration subsystem
allowing for transactional online configuration changes on a
- Worked closely with customers in creating customer-specific
extensions to product capabilities.
- Participated in DKIM interoperability testing event hosted by ALT-N
on behalf of Message Systems.
June 2005 to October 2006: Gemini
- Preformed security reviews of, and wrote security configuration
guides for a variety of products.
- Wrote a threadsafe, caching NTLM single-signon (via Samba against
ActiveDirectory) authentication plugin for Sun's iPlanet web
- Ported a threadsafe, caching PKI authentication plugin from iPlanet
to Apache and repaired portions of the underlying PKI library.
April 2003 to June 2005: Tecore
- Lead developer in the System Test Automation group.
- Point of contact to several upstream software and hardware vendors.
Responsibilities include maintenance, troubleshooting and issue
tracking for all instances of those vendors' product.
- As one of two system administrators at Tecore, installed, maintained
and supported Linux and Windows servers and workstations.
- Technical lead on GPRS integration project at Tecore, as part of
System Test group.
- Wrote test plans and preformed feature and regression testing on
several products as a member of the System Test group.
- Built and administered multiple Linux firewalls/routers with
functionality including NAT, IPSEC, firewalling, traffic shaping
and policy routing.
- Wrote a variety of utility scripts and programs in C, perl and UNIX
shell for both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Built and administered FreeBSD firewall using ipfw/dummynet for
traffic delay simulation. Later, migrated simulator to
netfilter/netem on Linux.